
With a limited crew, the Giants were still impressive with a good demonstration of pitching, fielding and offensive production. The boys showed some cobwebs, but overall I am VERY happy with the results of the practice, TPC Training and of course the game. Wow, three days in a row to start a short season!
I am particularly happy that none of our boys got hurt. Something that the A's had quite a time dealing with on Sunday. A couple of their guys had hurt elbows. These may be serious, and may be not... In any case, if your son says his arm is tired, feels 'dead' or 'tight' more than three days in a row, or on a Wed or Thursday, let me know and I will not have him throwing for a week or two. I asked if the boys had played catch over the past few weeks and most said yes. So, I don't expect overwork after an extended off period to be an issue. I will always error on the safe side, just let me know.
Next week, we should have a full team (11), so hopefully we will have a bit more energy on the bench. I believe Little League should be a place where the ability to be a part of team, the desire to support one's peers and show a lot of spirit is taught. Don't be shy! The more energy we show in the stands the more energy the boys will show on the field.
FIELD PREP:: If we are the home team, I would greatly appreciate a few extra hands for field prep. This should include putting up of a home run fence. That was missing on Sunday and I'd like to see it for each game going forward. Sunday we were the visiting team, so it wasn't our responsibility. But, in the future with just a few extra hands, we can get the fence up in time for a game.
Hi Greg,
ReplyDeleteBryce and JB cannot make it to practice this Friday but Bryce will be there on Sunday.
Thanks,
Mary Jo