Monday, October 24, 2011

Friday GAME UPDATE & Game 7 wrap-up

This Friday we are scheduled to re-play the Bulls, and I will be getting final information out as soon as I get it. The preliminary info is 4:00 warm up, 4:30 first pitch at Athens Downs (field is TBD). Again, this is preliminary info.

I fully recognize this is a big change in our Friday schedule. Coach Paul has offered to carpool with/for players coming in from the North.

I think the Bulls will want a bit of redemption for the game on Sunday, so let's play hard and have some fun.

We will be the visiting team (no field prep on Fri) BUT I do need to know if anyone won't be able to play by Thursday night.

Game 7 summary

All I can say about Sunday is that good thing happen when you swing the bat. We swung hard and the balls found the holes. With a pretty rough start, the bats came alive, smiles returned and in a flurry of activity all players saw two AB's in a single inning.

While this was tough to watch for many of us who know the other players and families well, I do have to applaud the boys for not saying anything out of line. That is what good sportsmanship is about.

Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment